GHANA NATIONAL CATHOLIC YOUTH COUNCIL
Preparation Itinerary for the 34th World Youth Day (WYD) 2019
a. Date (Duration):
i. Days in the Dioceses - 14th – 21st January, 2019
ii. Main Event- 22nd – 27th January, 2019
c. Theme:“I am the servant of the Lord, may it be done to me according to your Word” (Lk.1:38).
d. RepresentationEach Diocese was to sponsor at least two (2) youth. Parishes may also sponsor their youth. Individuals who have the means and are travel-worthy may also participate in the 2019 WYD in Panama.
All participants shall obtain letter of recommendation from their Parish priest and the Office of their respective Bishop approving their representation at the WYD.
e. Itinerary by GHANCYC
– Dec. 2017 – Jan. 2018- Sensitization and Marketing of WYD 2019
– March, 2018- Final Marketing of WYD in various Dioceses.
– April, 2018- Submission of names for WYD 2019
– May, 2018- Interview of Participants/Pilgrims
– June, 2018- Publication of qualified candidates
– July, 2018- Submission of Delegates’ travelling documents
– August, 2018- Final Payment of Travel Expenses.
– September, 2018- Presentation of candidates to the Embassy
– July – September 2018- Registration of Delegates in Panama
– January 2019
▪ 12th – 14th January, 2019: Retreat & Orientation for Pilgrims to WYD 2019
▪ 14th January, 2019:Departure to Panama
▪ 28th – 30th January 2019:Return to Ghana
f. Cost/Budget per Person=USD 3,500.00